Opportunity Thrives at Morningstar Law Group
At Morningstar Law Group, we never stop looking for ways to serve our clients better. That includes always being on the lookout for opportunities to expand our capabilities and grow our legal team.
Morningstar has become a beacon for talented business attorneys who are looking for a different way to practice law. We are a young, vibrant firm with an entrepreneurial spirit. We take pride in delivering personal attention and practical solutions to help our clients achieve their business goals.
If that sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to talk about working together.
Our firm was founded a decade ago by a collection of highly respected North Carolina attorneys who weren’t happy at large, well-established law firms. We wanted a firm with a different approach — lean and efficient, governed by consensus, with a flexible and collegial environment that allows attorneys to work with clients in the manner that is most productive and beneficial for them.
Commercial Real Estate Associate – Raleigh Office
3+ years of commercial transaction experience (leases, finance, acquisition and disposition, and mixed-use structures) and project management/construction-related experience are a big plus. After onboarding and assimilation, position offers work from home flexibility.
Corporate M&A Associate – Raleigh Office
1 to 10 years of experience working on sophisticated transactions. Candidate should have substantial experience in all types of mergers & acquisitions and drafting and negotiating all types of agreements, including LLC operating agreements. Candidate should be motivated, a self-starter, possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and have a desire to be a partner. Portable book of business not required; large law firm experience desired; strong academic record required. Position offers work from home flexibility.
Corporate Paralegal/Legal Admin – Raleigh Office
This position’s responsibilities include:
- Supporting attorneys practicing in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, pharma and IP transactions, and general corporate transactions
- Research out-of-state licensing requirements for AEC entities and prepare and file applications and supporting documents
- Prepare and file business entity formations, qualifications, dissolutions, and withdrawals
- Work with vendors to obtain UCC and Federal tax lien searches
- Assist with document preparation, due diligence, and closings for M&A transactions
- Assemble closing document binders for clients
- Occasionally assist commercial real estate attorneys with Secretary of State document preparation and filing
Ideally, the candidate would also possess the experience and judgment needed to assume the responsibility of daily conflict checks. This process includes:
- Checking conflicts as submitted by firm attorneys and staff against the time and billing system and communicating the findings accordingly
- Aggregating the individual conflict checks into a firm-wide email sent twice daily
- Following up on pending issues including waivers, non-responses, etc.
- Updating the conflict check tracking database
- Setting up new clients in the firm’s time and billing and document management systems
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Bachelor’s degree and four or more years of related experience
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative with excellent analytical, technical, and critical-thinking skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic in order to analyze and research, process information, conduct legal research, and perform essential duties
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and oversee numerous tasks from inception to completion, and ensure work is completed within strict deadlines
- Computer proficient with experience and working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and MS Word (including styles and auto-numbering)
- Experience and proficiency with NetDocuments and other document management/collaborative platforms
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Legal Admin/Facilities Services Coordinator – Durham Office
This is the perfect opportunity for a highly organized and self-motivated individual early in their legal administrative career. This position’s responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to eight attorneys in the Durham office including:
- Document preparation including formatting and proofreading
- Organize and maintain client files
- Document management including scanning and filing (in both physical and electronic form)
- Assist attorneys with client intake
- Assist attorneys with time entry and billing
- Assist attorneys with CLE tracking and reporting
- Managing the office’s front desk including answering and routing calls, processing outgoing mail and collecting/distributing incoming mail, greeting visitors, and accepting deliveries
- Ensuring that the office and its pantry are adequately stocked and placing orders with designated vendors as needed
- Maintaining the two conference rooms including post-meeting cleanup and supply replenishment
- Meeting setup for in-office depositions, client meetings, partner meetings, etc.
- Ensuring that the two copiers are filled and backup toners are available
- Coordinating equipment service calls with vendors and the Director of Administration
- Coordinating building repairs and janitorial issues with the landlord/vendors and the Director of Administration
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities include
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of related experience
- Self-motivated individual who can manage multiple priorities and quickly shift from task to task based on demand without losing sight of details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (including proofreading)
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Strong proficiency with Office 365 applications, particularly Word and Outlook
For more information or to apply for a listed position, contact email@example.com.