Whether you have thirty employees or 3,000, every business must tackle important human resource issues that require strategic legal advice. Developing employment policies and procedures. Negotiating employment contracts, non-compete agreements and severances packages. Protecting trade secrets. Properly managing terminations and workforce reductions. The list goes on and on…
Our workforce and employment attorneys work closely with companies to make sound human resources decisions and then advocate for them when employees, competitors or the government challenge those decisions. We assist companies with a broad range of human resources, trade secret protection and workplace safety matters including:
- Advising senior management on issues related to organizational structure, reorganizations and workforce reductions, recruiting, compensation, employee training, regulatory compliance, risk avoidance, outsourcing, human resource trends and much more.
- Conducting internal investigations and advising HR leaders, management teams and boards of directors with respect to risk avoidance and negotiation of disputes
- Performing workforce-related due diligence for business transactions
- Drafting employment policies and procedures, covering broad human resources issues and specialty topics such as social media policies.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating employment contracts, separation agreements and severance packages; confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation covenants; confidentiality, trade secrets, invention assignment and non-disclosure agreements; employee assignment (ex-patriot) and secondment policies and agreements.
- Enforcing non-competition employment and stock restriction agreements with departing employees and shareholders.
- Training management and employees on human resources and compliance topics.
- Negotiating Professional Employment Organization (PEO) contracts and relationships.
- Defending and advocating for companies involved in agency investigations, inquiries and audits (EEOC, ESC, Department of Labor, OSHA, OFCCP and others)
In addition, our labor lawyers represent companies involved in a variety of employment-related disputes in state and federal court, in FINRA and private arbitration, and international venues. Learn about our employment litigation services.
In the conference room, in the board room and in the courtroom, the employment attorneys at Morningstar Law Group will be by your side, helping you make decisions and take actions that are practical, efficient and based on solid legal principles.