Lawsuits involving current or former employees and other service providers can inflict lasting damage on a company’s reputation and its bottom line. Claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and other workforce claims are on the rise, so it’s important to have an experienced employment litigation attorney on your side who takes time to understand your needs and who cares about your business.
Morningstar Law Group’s workforce attorneys represent local, regional, national and international employers in state and federal court, including lawsuits involving:
- Wage and hour disputes under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) governing minimum wage, overtime pay and child labor regulations, as well as state and local wage payment regulations
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and state and local safety regulation violations
- Discrimination, harassment and civil rights allegations (based on sex, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, and other protected classifications)
- Religious and disability accommodation, and family and medical leave claims
- Labor disputes
- Workforce-related agreements, including employment and service agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, invention assignment agreements, and benefits agreements
- Wrongful termination and other state fair employment practices claims
- Misappropriation of confidential information and trade secrets, fiduciary duties and other employee duties of loyalty, tortious interference and corporate raiding of employees
- Disputes regarding equity ownership rights and interests
Our employment lawyers also defend and advocate for employers in law enforcement agency investigations and procedures, including Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) investigations, Employment Security Commission (ESC) unemployment determinations, Department of Labor audits, Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) inspections and citations procedures, and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) audits.
In addition to courts and agency forums, our attorneys represent employers in local, national and international arbitration venues, including FINRA arbitrations and private arbitration venues including AAA, JAMS and other arbitration providers.
Morningstar Law Group has a robust litigation practice that is committed to helping our clients resolve disputes reasonably, rapidly and efficiently. Learn more about our expertise in the following areas: