When managing sophisticated legal issues, it helps to have an attorney who knows your industry inside and out. Someone who truly understands the types of challenges your firm faces and can speak your language.
That is exactly what you’ll find with Morningstar Law Group’s architecture and engineering lawyers. Our attorneys have decades of experience working with architecture and engineering firms, as well as related professional services (geology, surveying, landscape architecture, etc.) and contractors.
Whether you are a local or regional firm, or a large national or international company, Morningstar Law Group can assist you with legal services involving
- Mergers and Acquisitions / Ownership Succession: Regularly advising architectural and engineering firms in acquisitions, dispositions and ownership succession (including ESOPs) throughout North America (USA and Canada), including Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia, among others.
- Professional Licensing and Compliance: Advising firms on structuring their operations in compliance with regulatory professional and entity licensing throughout the United States, and representing them in disciplinary and other matters before licensing boards including the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors, NC Board of Architecture, NC Board of Landscape Architects, and NC Board of Licensing of Geologists.
- Pre-69 Grandfathers: Advising North Carolina firms on licensing compliance, particularly the acquisition of pre-69 grandfathered entities that are exempt from North Carolina’s licensee ownership requirements, and other compliant operation and business structures.
- Financing: Advising firms on financing issues, including stock issuances and debt transactions.
- General Business Issues: Assisting firms with day-to-day legal issues, including employment law and copyright protection, often while serving as outside general counsel.
Our architecture and engineering lawyers are frequently invited to speak at A/E/C industry conferences, including those conducted by advocacy groups such as the American Counsel of Engineering Companies (ACEC).