Congratulations to our 2023 Lawyers of the Year, Ones to Watch, and Best Lawyers! Following is the official announcement.
25 Morningstar Law Group Lawyers Named to 2023 Best Lawyers® Lists
Morningstar Law Group is pleased to announce that 23 lawyers have been included in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®, four lawyers have received the honor of “Lawyer of the Year” for 2023 and two lawyers have been included in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Best Lawyers has published their list for over four decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
“Best Lawyers was founded in 1981 with the purpose of highlighting the extraordinary accomplishments of those in the legal profession. After four decades, we are proud to continue to serve as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals worldwide,” says CEO Phillip Greer.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Morningstar Law Group would like to congratulate the following lawyers named to 2023 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Keith P. Anthony – Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, and Litigation – Real Estate
- Jason L. Barron – Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, and Real Estate Law
- William J. Brian, Jr. – Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, and Litigation – Real Estate
- Patrick L. Byker – Land Use and Zoning Law and Real Estate Law
- Amie Flowers Carmack – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Union, and Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Kenneth G. Carroll – Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Christopher Fulmer – Corporate Law
- Nil Ghosh – Real Estate Law
- Christopher T. Graebe – Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Grayson S. Hale – Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Commercial Transactions / UCC Law, Corporate Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- J. Christopher Jackson – Litigation – Intellectual Property
- W.H. “Kip” Johnson III – Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities / Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation, and Venture Capital Law
- Gene A. Jones Jr. – Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Shannon R. Joseph – Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Antitrust, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, and Litigation – Mergers and Acquisitions
- John Kivus – Litigation – Intellectual Property
- Michael J. Ovsievsky – Real Estate Law
- Lee A. Patterson III – Corporate Law
- Mack A. Paul IV – Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Real Estate, and Real Estate Law
- Scott Ryan – Corporate Law
- Molly Stuart – Land Use and Zoning Law and Real Estate Law
- Mitchell A. Tuchman – Copyright Law
- Jennifer Collins Van Doren – Corporate Law
- Randy Whitmeyer – Copyright Law
Morningstar Law Group would also like to congratulate the four lawyers who received the honor of “Lawyer of the Year” for the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® list:
- Keith P. Anthony – Litigation – Land Use and Zoning in Raleigh
- Jason L. Barron – Land Use and Zoning Law in Raleigh
- Shannon R. Joseph – Arbitration and Litigation – Mergers and Acquisitions in Raleigh
- Mitchell A. Tuchman – Copyright Law in Raleigh
Morningstar Law Group would also like to congratulate the two lawyers listed in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America list:
- Harrison M. Gates – Commercial Litigation and Litigation – Labor and Employment in Durham
- William Graebe – Commercial Litigation in Raleigh
About Morningstar Law Group
Morningstar Law Group is a premier North Carolina business law firm with offices in Raleigh and Durham. Its attorneys have been recognized among the best in their field, with a special focus on business law, intellectual property and technology, litigation, and real estate and land use. The firm’s clients represent every aspect of the North Carolina economy, including entrepreneurs who have built successful companies from the ground up and those who are in the process of doing so.
Learn more at morningstarlawgroup.com.
About Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected lawyer ranking service in the world. For more than 40 years, Best Lawyers has assisted those in need of legal services to identify the lawyers best qualiﬁed to represent them in distant jurisdictions or unfamiliar specialties. Best Lawyers awards are published in leading local, regional and national publications across the globe.